Ms Sadie Geraghty
Contact Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO21.420
- Master of Midwifery (Research)
- Master of Midwifery Practice
- Master of Midwifery by Coursework
- Sadie has a background in clinical midwifery, primarily in drug and / or alcohol use in antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care. She also has experience sociology and anthropology.
- Registered Midwife with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Australian College of Midwives
- Adjunct Teaching Fellow Curtin University
- Member of Drug and Alcohol Nurses of Australia
- Member of the Midwifery Workforce Planning Committee
- Associate member of the Drug & Alcohol Council of Australia
Awards and Recognition
National and International Awards
- 2010-2011: Nurse/Midwife of the Year in Western Australia
- 2010: Finalist in the Western Australian Health Awards
- 2010: Metropolitan Midwife of the Year in Western Australia
- 2005: King Edward Memorial Hospital Preceptor Award
- 2004: Edith Cowan University Clinical Preceptor Award
- 2003: Curtin University Clinical Preceptor Award
- 2000: General Award from the Iolanthe Midwifery Trust
Research Areas and Interests
- Substance use in pregnancy
- Drug and/or alcohol use in childbirth
- Midwifery education
- Stress and coping behaviours of labour and birth suite midwives
- M (Master Degree), The University of Western Australia, 2009 .
- Dip (Diploma), Other WA higher ed institution, 2008 .
- GradCert (Graduate Certificate), Curtin University of Technology, 2007 .
- GradCert (Graduate Certificate), Edith Cowan University, 2006 .
- M (Master Degree), Curtin University of Technology, 2005 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), England, 2001 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), England, 1998 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Geraghty, S., Bayes, S., McLaurin, R., O'Connor, A., (2013), Papanicoloau smear uptake among substance-using mothers in Western Australia. British Journal of Midwifery, 21(12), 868-872, United Kingdom.
- Geraghty, S., Dixon, C., (2012), The use of naltrexone in pregnancy in opiate-dependent mothers. British Journal of Midwifery, 20(7), 503-506, United Kingdom.
- Geraghty, S., McLaurin, R., (2012), Placenta praevia, placental abruption and amphetamine use in pregnancy: A case study. Women and Birth, 25(4), 174-179, Australia, DOI: 10.1016/j.wombi.2012.11.002.
- Harding, D., Yap, S., Vine, L., Geraghty, S., Nazareth, S., Hamilton, D., Cheng, W., (2011), Hepatitis C in Pregnancy in Western Australia: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 26(4), 104-105, Sydney, Australia.
- Geraghty, S., Bell, L., McLaurin, R., Bayes, S., (2010), The Wonderful WANDAS of WA. Australian Midwifery News, 10(3), 17-19, Australia.
- Geraghty, S., Bayes, S., (2009), An Australian Perspective: The Art of Being With Students. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 40(1), 33-37, United States of America.
- Geraghty, S., McLaurin, R., O'Connor, A., (2013), The implementation of the first outreach antenatal clinic for incarcerated, substance-using pregnant women in Western Australia. Women and Birth Supplement 1 October 2013, 26(30 Sept-3 Oct 2013), 29 - 30, DOI: 10.1016/j.wombi.2013.08.185.
- O'Conner, A., Geraghty, S., (2011), Are women who misuse drugs and alcohol in pregnancy deficient in Vitamin D?. Are women who misuse drugs and alcohol in pregnancy deficient in Vitamin D?, 1-2.
- Geraghty, S., O'Connor, A., (2011), Dark side of the womb: Vitamin D status amongst pregnant drug and/or alcohol using women in Western Australia. Women?s Hospitals Australasia Program, 1, Adelaide, South Australia.
- Geraghty, S., Henderson, C., (2009), Women and Newborn Drug and Alcohol Service King Edward Memorial Hospital, Perth, WA. Women and Newborn Drug and Alcohol Service, 1.
- Geraghty, S., (2012), Outback Angel. Outback Angel, 126, Australia.
- Harding, D., Geraghty, S., Nazareth, S., Hamilton, D., Cheng, W., (2011), Hep C in Pregnancy in Western Australia - poster. Gastroenterology Society of Australia Conference, Brisbane Conference & Exhibition Centre.