Dr Mehdi Khiadani
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5825|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5811|
Dr Mehdi Khiadani is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Engineering, ECU. He has several years of experience in the academic and consulting professions both in Australia and overseas. Mehdi industry and research contributions include water resources, hydraulics, water quality and pollution transport.
Dr Khiadani has held position with other universities and leading consultants as follows:
- 2011-recent: Edith Cowan University, Senior Lecturer
- 2004-2010: Isfahan University, Iran- Assistant Professor
- 2002-2004: University of Technology, Sydney- Post-doctoral Researcher
- 2003-2004: Aecom (Maunsell Australia)- Senior Engineer
- 2001-2003: Connell Wagner Pty Ltd- Senior Engineer
- 1998-2000: Parsons Brinckerhoff (PPK Environment & Infrastructure Pty Ltd)
Research Areas and Interests
- Open Channel Hydraulics
- River System and Catchment Modelling
- Water Quality and Pollution Transport
- Water Harvesting and Reuse
- Urban Drainage System
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), University of Technology, Sydney, 2000 .
- M (Master Degree), Other NSW higher ed institution, 1994 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), UNKNOWN, 1989 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Khiadani, M., Beecham, S., Kandasamy, J., (2012), Turbulence measurements in spatially-varied flow with increasing discharge. Journal of Hydraulic Research, 50(4), 418-426, UK, DOI: 10.1080/00221686.2012.696883.
- Taheri, E., Khiadani, M., Amin, MM., Nikaeen, M., Hassanzadeh, A., (2012), Treatment of saline wastewater by a sequencing batch reactor with emphasis on aerobic granule formation. Bioresource Technology, 111(n/a), 21-26, Netherlands.
- Nourmoradi, H., Khiadani, M., Nikaeen, M., (2012), Multi-Component Adsorption of Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, and Xylene from Aqueous Solutions by Montmorillonite Modified with Tetradecyl Trimethyl Ammonium Bromide. Journal of Chemistry, 2013(2013), 10, DOI: 10.1155/2013/589354.
- Rahsepar, AR., Khiadani, M., Amin, MM., (2012), Measurement and simulation of dissolved oxygen in Zayandehrood river. International Journal of Environmental Health Engineering, 1(5), 1-5, India, DOI: 10.4103/2277-9183.102376.
- Nourmoradia, H., Nikaeena, M., Khiadani, M., (2012), Removal of benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene (BTEX) from aqueous solutions by montmorillonite modified with nonionic surfactant: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic study. Chemical Engineering Journal, 191(2012), 341-348, DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2012.03.029.