Our projects focus on increasing the awareness and decreasing the incidence of melanoma locally, nationally and internationally. We have the energy, the team and the knowledge to make this happen. Currently our team consists of clinicians, researchers, postdoctoral researchers, PhD, MSc, Honours students and research assistants.
For more information, contact Associate Professor Mel Ziman.
- Circulating melanoma cell detection
- Development of a Prognostic Blood Test
- Isolation and quantification of circulating melanoma cells
- Melanoma is predominantly caused by UV exposure, but effects of heat and chemicals may largely increase melanoma incidence
- Monitoring of skin health in mining areas
- The effect of developmental genes, such as PAX3, on development of Melanoma