Dr Christine Ormond
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5712, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO8.415
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5712|
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2012 - ECU Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Doctor of Philosophy, James Cook University, 2000 .
- Grad Certificate in Education, James Cook University, 2000 .
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (First Class Honours), The University of Melbourne, 1979 .
Recent Research Grants
- An Early Support Program for Mathematics and Science Teachers: Professional Mentoring for Re-training Teachers, Department of Education and Training WA, Scholarship, 2009 - 2011, $57,420.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Ormond, C., (2012), Balancing detailed comprehensiveness with a big vision: A suggested conceptual framework for teacher education courses. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 37(5), 36-64, Katoomba, NSW .
- Ormond, C., (2012), Developing ?algebraic thinking?: two key ways to establish some early algebraic ideas in primary classrooms. Australian Primary Mathematics Classroom, 17(4), 13-19, Perth, WA.
- Ormond, C., (2011), Tailoring mentoring for new mathematics and science teachers: An exploratory study. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 36(4), 52-72, Australia.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Effectiveness Of Teacher Professional Learning: Enhancing The Teaching Of Fractions In Primary Schools..