Top of page
Global Site Navigation

School of Education

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content


Reach your potential with the State’s most renowned teaching program. ECU has been at the forefront of teacher education for over 100 years and is the largest School of Education in WA.

If you want to inspire, have a passion for learning and want to make a difference to young peoples’ lives, a teaching career is a great choice.

Our up-to-date and progressive courses will give you the opportunity to gather the knowledge, skills and hands-on experience needed to graduate as an outstanding teacher. So, if you aspire to teach, or are already qualified and want to extend your professional learning, our courses will make it happen by offering you:

  • a passionate and experienced team who strive to always find better ways to educate and train you as a teacher;
  • a team who will support you through an exciting and challenging learning journey;
  • up-to-date courses which are informed by cutting edge research;
  • extensive and coordinated professional practice experience in schools;
  • ongoing relationships and established partnerships with over 500 schools in public, private, city or remote settings;
  • experience working with children from diverse social, economic, ethnic and educational circumstances;
  • use of information technology in teaching and learning; and
  • state-of-the-art facilities.

Courses are available in a range of early childhood, primary and secondary education settings. You can graduate in as little as one year if you already hold a bachelor degree.

The secondary education courses give you the opportunity to specialise in your area(s) of strengths and interests by offering you a great range of choices in a major and minor area of study.

For those of you who are already qualified to teach or hold a bachelor degree and have an interest in educational practice, we offer a great selection of postgraduate courses including Graduate Certificates of Education, Masters of Education (by coursework or research) and a Doctor of Philosophy. Visit our study areas page for more information.

Skip to top of page