"Studying my course at ECU has provided me with the knowledge and skills I need to succeed."
"I always enjoyed physical education from a young age and participated in a range of sports. At high school I was given the opportunity to teach primary school students how to play tennis, and in upper school I attended lower school sport carnivals and helped coach the students. My ideal career option was to become a Physical Education Teacher and to teach students how to play sport and to experience the same enjoyment I did.
The knowledge and skills I have developed during my course have provided me with the opportunity to be the most successful teacher I can be. The course content is well designed and contains a balance of both education and sports science units.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my study experience at ECU. Throughout my course I have been provided with the skills and knowledge that are required to successfully advance my career as a teacher. "
Secondary Education graduate
Reach your potential with the State’s most renowned teaching program. ECU has been at the forefront of teacher education for over 100 years and is the largest School of Education in WA.
If you want to inspire, have a passion for learning and want to make a difference to young peoples’ lives, a teaching career is a great choice.
Our up-to-date and progressive courses will give you the opportunity to gather the knowledge, skills and hands-on experience needed to graduate as an outstanding teacher. So, if you aspire to teach, or are already qualified and want to extend your professional learning, our courses will make it happen by offering you:
- a passionate and experienced team who strive to always find better ways to educate and train you as a teacher;
- a team who will support you through an exciting and challenging learning journey;
- up-to-date courses which are informed by cutting edge research;
- extensive and coordinated professional practice experience in schools;
- ongoing relationships and established partnerships with over 500 schools in public, private, city or remote settings;
- experience working with children from diverse social, economic, ethnic and educational circumstances;
- use of information technology in teaching and learning; and
- state-of-the-art facilities.
Courses are available in a range of early childhood, primary and secondary education settings. You can graduate in as little as one year if you already hold a bachelor degree.
The secondary education courses give you the opportunity to specialise in your area(s) of strengths and interests by offering you a great range of choices in a major and minor area of study.
For those of you who are already qualified to teach or hold a bachelor degree and have an interest in educational practice, we offer a great selection of postgraduate courses including Graduate Certificates of Education, Masters of Education (by coursework or research) and a Doctor of Philosophy. Visit our study areas page for more information.