Professor Judith Rivalland
Contact Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO8.418
- Master of Arts, United States of America, 1987 .
- Bachelor of Education, The University of Western Australia, 1974 .
- Diploma of Physical Education, The University of Western Australia, 1962 .
Recent Research Grants
- Quality Talk: Talk for thinking, reading and writing, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2013 - 2014, $29,784.
- Supporting Students to improve their written literacy skills the middle and upper years primary schooling (Years 4-8), Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2006 - 2010, $152,443.
- Identification of Effective Models of Implementing Getting it Right in Secondary Schools, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2009, $42,093.
- Literacy Intervention: Supporting students with literacy difficulties in the middle and upper years of primary schooling, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2005 - 2008, $195,943.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children Learning to Read in the Early Years of School, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children's Social and Emotional Development, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- Data Informed Teaching Phase III: Utilising assessment to inform literacy teaching in the early years of schooling , Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2007, $15,768.
- Effective Teaching and Learning Practices Leading to Improved Literacy Outcomes in the Early Years of Schooling - RFT 957, Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs, Grant, 2001 - 2005, $598,548.
- Effective teaching and learning practices for students with learning difficulties initiative, Department of Education, Science and Training, Grant, 2004 - 2005, $2,700.
- Data-driven teaching: Utilising assessment to inform literacy teaching in the early years of schooling, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2004 - 2005, $30,366.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Faulkner, V., Rivalland, J., Hunter, J., (2010), Caught in the middle: Improving writing in the middle and upper primary years. Traditions of writing research, 198-211, New York.
- Thwaite, A., Rivalland, J., (2009), How can analysis of classroom talk help teachers reflect on their practices?. Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, 32(1), 38-54, South Australia.
Research Student Supervision
- Multiple Readings In Multiple Choice Reading Tests ? A Study Of Year 11 Students? Reading Practices Of A Multiple Choice Reading Test.
- Master of Education, Professional Development: Teachers' Learning In Reading Recovery..
- Bringing Children To Their Senses ? A Study Of The Influence Of Sensory Experience On Year 4 Children?s Writing.
- The Nature And Provision Of Instruction In Summary Writing For Students From Years 6 To 10.