Dr Marianne Knaus
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6433|
|Mobile:||0401 360 896|
Marianne is a lecturer in Early Childhood Studies at the School of Education in the Faculty of Education and Arts.
Marianne has experience working in a wide variety of early childhood settings including preschools, childcare centres and schools in QLD and NSW. As a TAFE teacher, Marianne taught in the Children’s Services programs for 11 years. Marianne was employed at the University of New England in Armidale NSW before moving to Perth, WA.
- OMEP: Organisation Mondiale pour l’Education Prescolaire (World Organisation for Early childhood Education of WA) - President of WA chapter
- ECA: Early Childhood Australia – Member
- WCIT: West Coast Institute of TAFE – Board member
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), The University of New England, 2010 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), The University of New England, 2004 .
Recent Research Grants
- Mathematics education in early childhood settings, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher Grant - 2014, 2014 - 2015, $20,000.
- Development of child and parent centre initiative WA, Department of Education WA, Department of Education - Tender, 2012 - 2013, $45,455.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Knaus, M., (2013), Maths is all around you: Developing mathematical concepts in the early years., 103, Albert Park, Vic.
- Knaus, M., (2009), Recognising a Child?s Perspective of Time in Daily Practice. New Zealand Research in Early Childhood Education, 12(2009), 23-32, New Zealand.