Dr Matthew Byrne
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5470, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO8.219
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5470|
- Bachelor of Education, Edith Cowan University .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University, 2009 .
Recent Research Grants
- Food for learning: Impact of the WA Healthy Food for All program in low SES schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2014 (Round 1), 2013 - 2014, $70,061.
- Increasing School Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Grant, 2009 - 2012, $11,964.
- Engaging Aboriginal Children and their teachers with science, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $62,157.
- High Achievers' Science Program for Aboriginal Students, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2008 - 2011, $72,606.
- Review of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer Program, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2008 - 2010, $268,329.
- Effective Test Literacy Strategies for Aboriginal Student Success in the Western Australian Literacy and Numeracy Assessment, Aboriginal Education and Training Council, Grant, 2008, $33,705.
- Effective Science Program Delivery for Remote Area Schools, Scitech, Grant, 2008, $7,273.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Gower, G., Byrne, M., (2012), Becoming a culturally competent teacher: beginning the journey. Reform and Resistance in Aboriginal Education, 379-402, Crawley, Western Australia.
- Byrne, M., Munns, G., (2012), From the big picture to the individual student: the importance of the classroom relationship. Reform and Resistance in Aboriginal Education, 304-334, Crawley, Western Australia.