Dr Matthew Byrne
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5470|
- Bachelor of Education, Edith Cowan University .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University, 2009 .
Recent Research Grants
- Engaging Aboriginal Children and their teachers with science, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011, $9,091.
- Review of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer Program, Dept of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2011, $18,576.
- Review of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer Program, Dept of Education & Training WA, Grant, 2009, $268,329.
- Effective Science Program Delivery for Remote Area Schools, Scitech, Grant, 2008, $7,273.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Gower, G., Byrne, M., (2012), Becoming a culturally competent teacher: beginning the journey. Reform and Resistance in Aboriginal Education, 379-402, Crawley, Western Australia.
- Byrne, M., Munns, G., (2012), From the big picture to the individual student: the importance of the classroom relationship. Reform and Resistance in Aboriginal Education, 304-334, Crawley, Western Australia.