Dr John O’Rourke
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6517, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML16.111
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6517|
- PhD, The University of Western Australia, 2005 .
- Bachelor of Education, The University of Western Australia, 1993 .
- Diploma in Education, The University of Western Australia, 1992 .
- Bachelor of Business, Western Australian Institute of Technology, 1985 .
Recent Research Grants
- Enabling retention: processes and strategies for improving student retention in university based enabling programs, University of Newcastle, Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) Grant, 2013, $17,493.
- At the end of the day I just want my kids to be happy at school! Personality, physical appearance and young children's happiness, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2007 - 2009, $4,946.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- O'Rourke, J., Cooper, M., Gray, C., (2012), Is Being ?Smart and Well Behaved? a Recipe for Happiness in Western Australian Primary Schools?. International Journal of Psychological Studies, 4(3), 139-152, Canada, DOI: 10.5539/ijps.v4n3p139.
- O'Rourke, J., Main, S., Ellis, M., (2012), It doesn?t seem like work, it seems like good fun?: perceptions of primary students on the use of Handheld Game Consoles in mathematics classes. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 1(1), 1-18, UK, DOI: 10.1080/1475939X.2012.733537.
- Main, S., O'Rourke, J., (2011), New directions for traditional lesson: Can handheld game consoles enhance mental mathematics skills?. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 36(2), 43-55, Australia.
- O'Rourke, J., (2011), Inclusion at University: Can we do more than open the door?. Journal of Social Inclusion, 2(2), 19-33.
- O'Rourke, J., Cooper, M., (2010), Lucky to be happy: A study of happiness in Australian primary students. Australian Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology, 10(2010), 94-107, Australia.
- O'Rourke, J., Houghton, S., (2009), The Perceptions of Secondary Teachers and Students about the Implementation of an Inclusive Classroom Model for Students with Mild Disabilities. The Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 34(1), 23-41, Perth.
- O'Rourke, J., Houghton, S., (2008), The Perceptions of Secondary Teachers and Students about the Implementation of an Inclusive Classroom Model for Students with Mild Disabilities. THe Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 34(1), 23-41, Perth, DOI: February 2009.
- O'Rourke, J., Houghton, S., (2008), Perceptions of secondary school students with mild disabilities to the academic and social support mechanisms implemented in regular classrooms. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 55(3), 227-237, Brisbane.
- O'Rourke, J., Main, S., Cooper, M., (2008), Secondary V K-7: Pre-Service Teachers? attitudes Towards Inclusion. The International Journal of Learning, 15(7), 97-104, Melbourne.
- Main, S., O'Rourke, J., (2009), `Yay it?s Maths!? Using hand-held game consoles in a Primary classroom. Live it! Love it! Learn it! Curriculum Conference 2009, 9p., Perth, Western Australia.