At a glance
- Applicants must be an international student who apply for, and receive an offer to commence study at ECC from October 2019 to October 2020, on a packaged pathway course to ECU;
- Applicants from China, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Pakistan, South Africa, Tanzania, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe are eligible;
- Applicants must pass every unit of their diploma program on their first attempt
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to up to 20% (percent) of their ECU tuition fees for the duration of the ECU component of their study;
- Applicants can package with ELICOS;
- This scholarship is open to prospective students (not current students); and
- Places are limited each trimester intake
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be commencing study of your ECU pathway course from October 2019 to October 2020;
- not be currently holding a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for any course at ECU issued prior to the start of this scholarship;
- progress through your ECC Diploma without failing any unit;
- not be in receipt of another ECU grant (scholarship or sponsorship);
- be an International student from one of the listed countries above;
- not be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- be packaged to study an undergraduate bachelor degree (excluding Bachelor of Science (Nursing) C33; Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery) (Y76) and Bachelor of Science (Paramedical) K89
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship following ongoing conditions apply:
- The scholarship recipient must pass all enrolled units on their diploma pathway at ECC.
- The scholarship recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their studies for more than one semester during their course at ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. Scholarship funds will be applied on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
How to apply for this scholarship
If Edith Cowan College approves your application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
Edith Cowan College Admissions will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your packaged course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can apply online direct to ECC
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the entry requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if academic progress, dates and deadlines are not met, effective from the enrolment period when this occurs.
Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com