At a glance
- Each applicant must be an international student who has studied, or is studying and is due to complete by 31 July 2021, one of the qualifying programs listed below, and receives an offer to study a course at ECU during the November 2020 intake or in 2021;
- Open to prospective international students including ECU Alumni, who have completed their original degree and receive an offer to enrol in 2021 into a new degree (for example those progressing from Bachelors to Masters courses).
- Available for entry into selected undergraduate and postgraduate courses as listed in the eligibility guidelines below.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting up to 20% reduction off their tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Have completed, or due to complete by 31 July 2021, one of the following qualifying programs in Australia:
- a recognised English course (minimum 10 weeks);
- a Study Abroad program;
- a University Foundation program;
- Secondary Schooling;
- Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate degree at any Vocational Education and Training provider;
- an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from ECU, or from another institution where the degree meets the requisite level of academic achievement as determined by ECU;
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021, receive an offer to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, ECU South West (Bunbury) (some components of your course may be delivered online due to travel restrictions);
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- have not been issued a COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) relating to any ECU course before 1 June 2020;
- meet ECU’s entry requirements for the course and commence your course during the November 2020 intake or in 2021; and
- be entering into either one of the eligible courses below:
- All undergraduate degrees excluding:
- C33 - Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- Y76 - Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- K89 - Bachelor of Science (Paramedical Science)
- Y42 - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- Y41 - Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Y68 - Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
Arts and Humanities:
- J72 - Master of Professional Design
- L44 - Master of Professional Communications
- L45 - Master of Design
Business and Law
- L94 - Master of Business Administration International
- L98 - Master of Finance and Banking
- L89 - Master of International Hospitality Management
- L71 - Master of Management Information Systems
- L97 - Master of Professional Accounting
- L99 - Master of Project Management
- I78 - Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- L42 - Master of Marketing and Innovation Management
- L75 - Master of Human Resource Management
- J89 - Master of Education (Advanced)
- I59 - Master of Engineering
- I77 - Master of Bioinformatics
- I45 - Master of Computer Science
- L33 - Master of Cyber Security
- L86 - Master of Environmental Management
- J48 - Master of Environmental Science
Medical and Health Science
- J84 - Master of Critical Care
- I49 - Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- J78 - Master of Paramedic Practitioner
- I62 - Master of Public Health
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these terms and conditions at the time of applying and throughout the scholarship period.
- The recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The recipient must maintain a full-time enrolment load of 60 credit points during the first year of their course, unless expressly approved by ECU in its absolute discretion.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission (which may be withheld in ECU’s absolute discretion).
- The scholarship can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU location or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the relevant date(s) specified.
- Commencement of the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines. Failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure may revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The recipient may become ineligible for the ongoing receipt of the scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship or another ECU scholarship or grant during the term of the scholarship. Ongoing eligibility for the scholarship in these circumstances is at ECU’s absolute discretion.
- The recipient must comply with all applicable requirements under ECU’s statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient must notify ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to receive the scholarship.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any time if a student is found to have provided information that is false misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing scholarship conditions.
ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded is at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
If we approve your ECU course application, you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal