At a glance
- Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer, or a conditional offer, to study a course at ECU in 2021;
- ECU strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. High achieving students from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen and Zambia are eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship are eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship;
- Applicants are able to package with ELICOS;
- Open to prospective international students (not current students, excluding those receiving the Welcome to ECU online Scholarship); and
- Scholarship recipients will receive a 20% reduction of their tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- study onshore at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021, be issued an offer to study an undergraduate degree;
- meet a high level of academic achievement in your previous studies (as determined by ECU);
- meet ECU's higher entry requirements and commence study in the course in 2021; and
- study an undergraduate degree excluding:
- C33 - Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- Y76 - Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- K89 - Bachelor of Science (Paramedical)
- Y42 - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- Y41 - Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Y68 - Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these terms and conditions at the time of applying and throughout their course.
- The recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The recipient must maintain a full-time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their studies for more than one semester or study period during their course, unless expressly approved by ECU in its absolute discretion.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission (which may be withheld in ECU’s absolute discretion).
- The scholarship can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU location or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the relevant date(s) specified.
- Commencement of the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines. Failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure may revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The recipient may become ineligible for the ongoing receipt of the scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship or another ECU scholarship or grant during the term of the scholarship. Ongoing eligibility for the scholarship in these circumstances is at ECU’s absolute discretion.
- The recipient must comply with all applicable requirements under ECU’s statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient must notify ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to receive the scholarship.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any time if a student is found to have provided information that is false misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing scholarship conditions.
ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded is at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
If we approve your ECU course application, you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer including any applicable deadlines;
- meet the direct entry Course requirements and any other applicable admission requirements;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided; and
- pay the indicative tuition fee deposit requested in the Letter of Offer.