The ECU Vice Chancellor's Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Scholarship was established to provide financial support for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians. The scholarship funds are payable each semester, until the completion of a Bachelor's degree at ECU. Applicants are asked to demonstrate leadership and contribution within the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community, and/or university community.The scholarship offers $2,500 per semester (pro rata for part time study) for up to 7 semesters.
At a glance
- You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- For further information about this scholarship visit AskUs.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- have completed a minimum of 120 credit points towards your Bachelor's degree at the time of application;
- demonstrate community and/or university leadership and contribution;
- be able to demonstrate successful achievement in prior studies; and
- have maintained an academic status of good standing at the end of each semester (as defined in the ECU handbook).
- Selection will be based on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and contribution to the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and University communities. Short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview prior to final selection.
How to apply
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the Portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
For more Information
Download the Applicant Information document or contact AskUs.