The Inspiring Minds Equity Scholarship aims to provide support to students who can demonstrate academic achievement in their current ECU course and are experiencing financial difficulties and/or experienced circumstances, either past or present, which have had a significant impact on their life affecting their capacity to focus on their studies. The scholarship offers a one off payment of $3000.
At a glance
- This scholarship is open to current ECU students.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to AskUs.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen;
- be enrolled in any Undergraduate course at ECU;
- have an academic progression status of GOODSTANDING;
- be studying full-time (60 credit points);
- have completed a minimum of 60 credit points;
- be able to provide evidence of financial hardship;
- not be in receipt of any major scholarships of more than $2000 per Semester or an ECU Equity Scholarship; and
- not have been a previous recipient of this scholarship.
How to apply
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
Applicants will be required to provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words addressing the below;
- Describe your financial circumstances and how you would benefit from receiving the Scholarship.
- Describe your circumstances, either past or present which have had a significant impact on your life which have affected your capacity to focus on your studies.
Eligible applications will be assessed by a Selection Committee.
Selection will based on:
- Content of Personal Statement
- Applicants WAM will be provided to the Selection Committee by the Fees and Scholarships Office.
For more information