Student parking permits are available through our online payments gateway.
Please note: your details will be forwarded to a third party to enable your parking application to be processed. Your details will only be used for the purpose of issuing a parking permit and that information will not be distributed to any other parties.
*Part-time: Less than 75 per cent of a full unit load
Student housing parking
If you live in student housing and wish to park in a student village parking bay, you’ll need to display a current ECU parking permit on your vehicle (student red permit), as well as your student housing permit.
Transfer of a current permit from one vehicle to another can be done free of charge through the Change of Vehicle or Address online form. Please note: This will not result in a new permit being issued.
If your permit is lost or destroyed you’ll need to complete the Student Online Replacement Parking Permit form. A Statutory Declaration is required to accompany this form. A $5.00 fee applies.
Completed application forms will be forwarded to traffic services who will assess the application and either issue the replacement permit or advise if not successful. If successful, the replacement permit will be posted to the permit holder’s home address.
Permit holders ceasing study with the University will be entitled to a refund of the parking fee paid, based on the HECS policy. Refunds will be issued against the original receipt used to purchase the permit and funds will be refunded via credit card.
- Student parking permits can be purchased online by credit card only. Your permit will be posted to you within seven working days.
- A vehicle must display the appropriate parking permit on the bottom left hand passenger corner of the windscreen so the number and year can be validated.
- Parking permits must be clearly visible, must not be defaced, altered or reproduced.
- Permits are issued for a specific person and a specific vehicle. Permits are not normally transferable.
- The granting of a parking permit does not entitle the permit holder to the use of any particular University parking area, only that as the authorised zone of the permit.
- The granting of a parking permit does not guarantee that a parking area will be available when required by a permit holder, nor does it guarantee location proximity.
- A note on the dashboard is not acceptable in place of a permit. A temporary permit must be displayed if a permit holder is using a different vehicle.
- Forged permits are considered a serious offence and may impact on employment or enrolment status.
For general enquiries, contact Security and Traffic Services.
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2226 or (61 8) 6304 2460