At a glance
The scholarships are only open to:
- international students who have studied one of the qualifying programs listed below and receive an offer to study a course at ECU in 2020;
- current ECU Alumuni who have completed their degree and receive an offer for a new degree (for example bachelor to Masters) in 2020 ;
- available for select undergraduate and postgraduate courses as listed in the eligibility guidelines below; and
- scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of 20% (percent) off their first year tuition fees.
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are future and current ECU students.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- have completed one of the following qualifying courses in Australia at the time of making your application:
- a recognised English course (minimum 10 weeks)
- a Study Abroad program
- a University Foundation program
- Secondary Schooling
- Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate degree at any Vocational Education and Training provider;
- a completed ECU undergraduate or postgraduate degree;
- an Undergraduate Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree (that may be partially completed), having met a level of academic achievement as determined by ECU; and
- an off-shore AQF award.
- be an international student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury) in 2020;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- meet ECU’s direct academic entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- study an undergraduate degree (excluding Bachelor of Science (Nursing) C33; Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery) (Y76) and Bachelor of Science (Paramedical) K89); or
- study one of the following postgraduate courses:
Arts and Humanities
Master of Professional Design (J72); Master of Professional Communications (L44); Master of Design (L45)
Business and Law
Master of Project Management (L99); Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management (I78); Master of Marketing and Innovation Management (L42); Master of Laws (Research) (I74); Master of Human Resource Management (L75); Master of Business by Research (I73)
Master of Education (Advanced) (J89)
Master of Engineering (I59)
Medical and Health Sciences
Master of Critical Care Paramedicine (J84); Master of Medical and Health Science by Research (J90); Master of Nutrition and Dietetics (I49); Master of Paramedic Practitioner (J78); Master of Public Health (I62); Master of Science (Assisted Reproductive Technology (J51)
Master of Nursing (J88)
Master of Bioinformatics (I77); Master of Computer Science (I45); Master of Computing and Security by Research (I85); Master of Cyber Security (L33); Master of Environmental Management (L86); Master of Environmental Science (J48); Master of Science by Research (I84)
West Australian Academy of Performing Arts
Master of Arts (Performing Arts) (J40)
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The scholarship recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their studies for more than one semester during their course.
- The scholarship recipient must not exceed 120 credit points in the first year for postgraduate studies
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. Scholarship funds will be applied on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents .
You can apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- meet the entry requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.
For more information