Mandie is Course Coordinator for the Master of Nursing and Lecturer within the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
- 2014 - present: Editorial Board, Praxis Journal New Zealand
- 2014 - 2015: Professional Practice Fellow, Centre for Postgraduate Nursing Studies, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2014 - 2015: Management Board, Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Journal
- 2014 - 2015: Marker Postgraduate Course (Research Units), School of Nursing, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
- 2014 - 2015: Reviewer, (Child HealthCourses), School of Nursing, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- 2013 - 2014: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Centre for Postgraduate Nursing Studies, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2011 - 2012: Reader Writer Postgraduate Students, University of Otago, Dunedin
- 2010 - present: Reviewer, Journal ofPediatric Nursing; Journal of Child Health Care; Child: Care, Health and Development; Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing
- 1990 - 2015: Senior Registered Comprehensive Nurse - Canterbury District Health Board, Cardiothoracic, Surgical, Medical, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2005 - 2006: Academic Editor, Asian Journal of Nursing.
- Telethon Kids Institute
- ACCYPN: Australian College of Children and Young People’s Nursing
- AHPRA: Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- IFNA: International Family Nursing Association
- NZNC and NZNO: New Zealand Nursing Council,New Zealand Nursing Organisation
- CCYN: New Zealand College of Child and Youth Nurses
- UOC: University of Otago, Christchurch, Alumini and Friends.
Awards and Recognition
- 2015: New Zealand Government, Lotteries Health Postdoctoral Research Scholarship
- 2013: University of Otago, Postdoctoral Research Fellow Scholarship
- 2011: University of Otago Three minute thesis competition, second place
- 2011: University of Otago PhD Scholarship
- 2010: Master of Health Sciences to PhD of Health Sciences Upgrade.
Research Areas and Interests
- Systematic Literature Reviews
- Psychometrics and Translational Research
- Family and Child-Centred Care.