Mandy is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery and an Adjunct Research Fellow in the Centre for Nursing Research at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.
- 2017 - present: Senior Research Fellow, ECU
- 2014 - 2016: Post Doctoral Research Fellow, ECU
- 2012 - 2013: Lecturer, Undergraduate & Post Graduate, SNM, ECU
- 2008 - 2012: Lecturer, Undergraduate B Cur & Post Graduate Critical Care, University of Johannesburg, (South Africa)
- 2004 - 2008: Lecturer, Post Graduate Critical Care, Netcare Education (South Africa)
- 1998 - 2004: Intensive Care Clinical Facilitator, Milpark Hospital (South Africa)
- 1993 - 1998: Registered Nurse CCU, Milpark Hospital (South Africa)
- 1991 - 1993: Registered Nurse, (South Africa)
- 1989 - 1991: Staff nurse, Liver Transplant Unit, St. James University Hospital, (England).
- Sigma Theta Tau (STTI) member
- Golden Key Honour Society.
Awards and Recognition
WA Award Nominations (finalist in):
- West Australian Nursing & Midwifery Excellence Awards 2016. Finalist in Excellence in Research.
- WA Health Excellence Awards 2016 – Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Centre for Nursing Education, 1FoCUS’ Project Team. 1FoCUS’: an innovative model to increase the number and quality of nursing student placements. Finalist.
- Completed B Cur (Ed et ADM) Community Health, Cum Laude
Research Areas and Interests
- Emotional intelligence
- Staff retention
- Quality in nursing
- Management of Diabetes in acute care setting
- Intravascular access devices
- Infection control.