Mandy is a Senior Research Fellow
in the School of Nursing and Midwifery and an Adjunct Research Fellow in the
Centre for Nursing Research at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.
- 2017 – present: Senior Research Fellow, ECU;
- 2014 – 2016: Post Doctoral Research Fellow, ECU;
- 2012 – 2013: Lecturer, Undergraduate & Post
Graduate, SNM, ECU;
- 2008 – 2012: Lecturer, Undergraduate B Cur & Post
Graduate Critical Care, University of Johannesburg, (South Africa);
- 2004 – 2008: Lecturer, Post Graduate Critical Care, Netcare
Education (South Africa);
- 1998 – 2004: Intensive Care Clinical Facilitator, Milpark
Hospital (South Africa);
- 1993 – 1998: Registered Nurse CCU, Milpark Hospital (South
- 1991 – 1993: Registered Nurse, (South Africa);
- 1989 – 1991: Staff nurse, Liver Transplant Unit, St.
James University Hospital, (England).
- Sigma Theta Tau (STTI) member;
- Golden Key Honour Society.
Awards and Recognition
WA Award Nominations (finalist
- West Australian Nursing & Midwifery Excellence Awards 2016. Finalist in Excellence in Research.
- WA Health Excellence Awards 2016 – Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Centre for Nursing Education, 1FoCUS’ Project Team. 1FoCUS’: an innovative model to increase the number and quality of nursing student placements. Finalist.
- Completed B Cur (Ed et ADM) Community Health, Cum Laude
Research Areas and Interests
- Emotional intelligence;
- Staff retention;
- Quality in nursing;
- Management of Diabetes in acute care setting;
- Intravascular access devices; and
- Infection control.