Julie is Associate Dean within the School of Arts and Humanities.
- Academic (Edith Cowan University and Notre Dame University)
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2011 - Recipient of an Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning.
- 2011 - Recipient of a Vice-Chancellor’s Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (VC Citations).
- 2003 - Recipient of the Australian National Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- 2003 - Recipient of the Vice Chancellors Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- 2002, 2006 - Nomination for Excellence in Postgraduate Supervision, awarded by the Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Association.
Research Areas and Interests
- Resilience- Individual, Family and Community.
- Community and Environmental Psychology.
- Scholarship or learning and Teaching.
- Resilience as an aid to personnel vetting.
- Cyclone Preparedness.
- Development of Resilience Scales