Junko is an Honorary Senior Lecturer within the School of Arts and Humanities.
- Member of the Society for Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language
- Member of the Japan Second Language Association (J-SLA).
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2011 - Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award.
Research Areas and Interests
Second Language Acquisition (SLA) and its Application to Teaching focusing on the following areas:
- Second Language Acquisition, particularly Acquisition of Japanese as a Second Language
- Age Differences in SLA: Child and Adult Learners
- Comparison between SLA and First Language Acquisition (FLA)
- Processability Approaches to Language Learning.