Ahmed is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the Security Research Institute within the School of Science.
- Not applicable – Research Scholar only
- Ahmed has previously worked as a Security Consultant, Lecturer, and Tutor in Australia; and was employed in positions in academia, government, and the IT industry in the Maldives.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Information Security Association (AISA)
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
Awards and Recognition
National and International Awards
- 2012 – Endeavour Postgraduate Award (PhD), DEEWR Australia
- 2007 – AusAID Leadership Awards, AusAID Australia
- 2005 – Faculty of Computing, Engineering & Technology Prize for Outstanding Project on the BSc (Hons) in Computing, Staffordshire University
Research Areas and Interests
- Steganography/Steganalysis, Artificial Intelligence, Radicalisation, and other areas broadly related to Computer Security and Digital Forensics.