This short course is intended for motivated year 11 and 12 students with a passion for comics and telling stories. It doesn't matter what type of comics you like or want to make: superheroes, Vikings, monsters, high school kids, funny animals, sea creatures, aliens or yourself! Action, speculative fiction, autobiographical, historical, funny or serious, we have you covered.
This course will introduce comics as a narrative/story telling activity with an emphasis on communicating with pictures: showing rather than telling. You will learn all the basic tools and techniques of making comics with the goal of making a short comic that a) can be exhibited in the Spectrum Gallery as part of the Perth Comic Arts Festival (PCAF); b) can be printed and sold on PCAF festival and market day: Saturday, July 6, 2019.
Students will also:
- Develop characters through which to tell your story
- Write a short story for your characters
- Learn how to do comics layouts and tell your story visually
- Get drawing tips, tricks, getting the best out of penciling, inking, colouring and lettering
- Develop your own short comic, which can be printed, bound and sold at the PCAF market fair on Saturday, July 6, 2019
Dates: Monday, 1 - Friday, 5 July 2019
Times: 9.00am - 3.00pm daily