The School of Business and Law develops industry-ready graduates through high quality teaching and learning experiences, and engaged, applied research.
In addition to providing an advisory role to the School, the Board advocates on behalf of the School to increase its profile and standing in the community and facilitate opportunities to benefit students and graduates.
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to:
- Provide strategic directions and guidance to the School.Have high-level input into undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Have high-level input into undergraduate and postgraduate programs and the School's commercial activities.
- Advocate on behalf of the School to build and strengthen industry partnerships to benefit the School’s reputation, students and research imperatives.
- Assist the School in building further capacity, and strengthening its profile and standing within the Business and Law communities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Facilitate scholarships or industry funding for research and/or strategic projects.
Business Advisory Board Members
- Dr Denise McComish, (Chair), Company Director
- Mr Mark Connelly (Deputy Chair), Mining Executive, Western Australia
- Dr Bevan Catley, Professor, School of Management Massey University (Auckland), NZ
- Ms Avril Fahey, General Manager, Aged Community Care WA, Silver Chain
- Dr Regina Flugge, Principal, Alternate Futures
- Mr Chris Gianatti, Director, Kelly Hazell Quill (KHQ) Lawyers
- Mr Kohen Grogan, Managing Director, Yappy Group
- Mr Michael Hain, Partner, K&L Gates
- Hon. Albert Jacob, Mayor, City of Joondalup, Western Australia
- Mr Ed Kalajzic, Chief Executive Officer, Western Power
- Mr Mark McCrory, General Manager, Channel 7 Telethon Trust
- Mr Gary McGrath, General Manager Commercial Banking and Major Client, Commonwealth Bank
- Mr Jan Norberger, General Manager, Education and Training, Australian Medical Association (WA)
- Hon.Tracey Roberts, Mayor, City of Wanneroo, Western Australia
- Mr Scott Henderson, Vice-President (Corporate Services), ECU
- Professor Maryam Omari, Executive Dean, SBL, ECU
- Mrs Janet Simmons, Industry Relationships Manager, SBL, ECU
- Mrs Nickey Ludkins, Executive Officer and Manager Executive Education, SBL, ECU