The School Advisory Board oversees all courses in the School of Business and Law, and provides strategic direction to ensure the teaching and learning experience for students remains of a high quality. The Board also advocates on behalf of the School to increase its profile and standing in the community and facilitate opportunities to benefit students.
The role of the Advisory Board is to:
- Provide strategic directions and guidance to the School.
- Have high-level input into undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Advocate on behalf of the School to build and strengthen industry partnerships to benefit the School’s reputation, students and research imperatives.
- Assist the School in building further capacity, and strengthening its profile and standing within the Business and Law communities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Facilitate scholarships or industry funding for research and/or strategic projects.
Business Advisory Board Members
- Ms Denise McComish, (Chair), Partner and Board member KPMG
- Mr Tim Roach, (Deputy Chair), Assistant Commissioner, Australian Taxation Office
- Professor Tim Bentley, Director of Research, Massey School of Management (NZ)
- Mr Chris Gianatti, Director Kelly Hazell Quill (KHQ) Lawyers
- Mr Kohen Grogan, Managing Director Yappy Group
- Mayor Tracey Roberts, Mayor City of Wanneroo, Western Australia
- Mayor Albert Jacob, City of Joondalup
- Mr Scott Henderson, Vice-President (Corporate Services), ECU
- Professor Maryam Omari, Executive Dean, SBL, ECU
- Mrs Janet Simmons, Industry Relationships Manager and Business Advisory Board Executive Officer, SBL, ECU