Ferry Jie is the Associate Professor in Supply Chain and Logistics Management, in the School of Business and Law, Commerce Discipline.
Ferry has graduated his doctorate study from The University of Sydney in 2008. His PhD thesis is Supply Chain Analysis in the Australian Beef Industry. Currently Dr Jie is an Associate Professor at School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University. Previously, he was a Senior Lecturer and taking a program coordinator role in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) at RMIT University. He was managing and coordinating the undergraduate program in LSCM at RMIT from 2015 to 2016.
Dr Jie has maintained a high quality of research throughout his academic career including international scholarly leadership in the areas of supply chain management and logistics, including being invited to be keynote speaker and to give public lectures at symposiums and international conferences in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China and Australia. From 2011 to 2016, Dr Jie has published 17 refereed journal articles (including 6 (six) articles in A Ranked Journal - ABDC Journal Lists) and 15 refereed conference papers. Furthermore, Dr Jie has received research grants/awards to the amount of $204,604.07 between 2010 and 2016.
Dr Jie has professional and community engagement activities to contribute significantly to improve the university’s reputation through contribution to the wider community.
- Asia Academy of Management (AAoM), Representative at Large (2017-2019)
- Australian New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), Member
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Australia (CILTA), RILT Member
- International Journal of Production Economics, Adhoc reviewer
- International Journal of Production Research, Adhoc reviewer
- International Journal of Logistics Management (IJLM), Adhoc reviewer
- Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA), Member
- Supply Chain Indonesia (SCI), Advisory Board Member
Awards and recognition
- 2015 College of Business Research Award: Research Excellence Award for “Best Journal Publication (by School) by an Academic,
- 2015 SBITL Award for “Research Publication – Above Expected Annual Performance” – Best quality and quantity of the outputs over the last three years
- 2015 SBITL Award for “Professional and Community Engagement Activities”
- 2014 Endeavour Award Research Fellowships, Department of Education
- 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 College of Business Early Career Research Grant (ECRG) Publication Scheme Award
Research areas and interests
- Supply chain and logistics management;
- Operations/production management;
- Quantitative management/operations research/management science;
- Quality management; Lean Six Sigma;
- Strategic management; and
- Project management
Internal research grants
- Supply Chain Management 4.0: Evolution and Future Directions, SBL Inter-School Research Collaboration Scheme (A/Prof Ferry Jie, Prof Craig Standing, Dr Naeem Khalid Janjua, Dr Ahmed Ibrahim), Edith Cowan University, School of Business and Law, 2017
- FIRST YEAR STUDENT EXPERIENCE MEASURED VIA POSITIVE EDUCATION PERSPECTIVE, SBL Teaching and Learning Grant (Dr Anna Gholab, A/Prof Ferry Jie, PhD, A/Prof Denise Gengatharen, Dr Reza K Mavi) Edith Cowan University, School of Business and Law, 2017
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Supply Chain and Logistics Management, SBL Curriculum Renaissance Scheme, Edith Cowan University, School of Business and Law, 2017