Dr Nirosha (Dilhani) Kapu Arachchilage is a Lecturer in the School of Business and Law. Dilhani is the Academic Discipline Coordinator Commerce (Accounting).
- Contemporary issues in Sustainability accounting and Integrated accounting projects as the relevant areas.
Dilhani has had an extensive academic career, previously having taught strategic management in the School of Management at ECU and accounting based subjects in the Department of Accounting, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka (the leading national university in Sri Lanka for management education).
She has also engaged continuously in doing research relating to the areas of accounting and finance education, auditing practices, sustainability reporting, management controls, business strategies and corporate governance. Dilhani also had the opportunity to hold various administrative positions and doing consultancies for organisations both in Australia and in Sri Lanka.
- Coordinating commerce courses
- Teaching Contemporary Issues in Sustainability Accounting and Integrated Accounting Projects
- Researching on accounting and finance education, auditing practices, sustainability reporting, management controls, business strategies and corporate governance.
- Supervising and mentoring postgraduate students
- Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA), UK
- Certified Management Accountants (CMA), Australia
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), Sri Lanka
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Australia
Awards and recognition
- 2015 Innovation in Teaching and Learning Award, Faculty of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- 2011 Dean’s Award for Achieving PhD, Faculty of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia.
Research areas and interests
- Accounting and Finance Education
- Auditing practices
- Sustainability reporting
- Management Control Systems
- Business Strategies
- Corporate Governance