Dr Zaenker is a Post Doctoral Research Fellow in the Melanoma Research Team within the School of Medical and Health Sciences. Dr Zaenker specialises in the identification and validation of blood based biomarkers, in particular tumour-associated autoantibodies, for the early diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of treatment success of cutaneous melanoma skin cancer.
- Huntington’s Disease Youth Organization (HDYO), 2015-Present
- Autoimmunity Network, 2016-Present
- The Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation (CERI), 2016-Present
Awards and Recognition
- The West Australian newspaper’s 50 Rising Stars 2019
- ECU Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Outstanding Public Engagement by a Researcher or Research Team Award 2018, $1000
- The Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation (CERI) concept to creation investors pitch winner 2017
- The School of Medical Science Research Scholarship August 2017 – May 2018, $5000
- Inspiring Minds Scholarship, Edith Cowan University and the Australian Government, 2014-2017, $40,000 AUD p.a.
- 3 Minute Thesis competition ECU finalist, Edith Cowan University, 2012
- BioGENEius Western Australia competition finalist, 2008