Stephanie is a Senior Lecturer in Nutrition in the School of Medical and Health Sciences. Her current research projects include food security, regional and remote child nutrition and healthy built food environments.
- NUT1112 Nutrition and Public Health
- NUT1121 Human Nutrition
- NUT6110 Food Vision
- HST3100 Child and Adolescent Health
- Bachelor of Health Science South West Campus course lead
Dr Stephanie Godrich is a Registered Public Health Nutritionist with both the Nutrition Society of Australia and the World Public Health Nutrition Association. Over almost 15 years, she has developed, delivered and evaluated numerous community-based food literacy programs, with multiple population groups through not-for-profit organisations. Her on-the-ground practitioner experience in rural and remote Western Australia led to the development of an award-winning partnership model, to enhance the effectiveness of nutrition programs delivered in Western Australia. Stephanie has worked in the university sector in lecturing and/or research project positions at ECU, Curtin and the University of Western Australia. She also works independently as a public health consultant to government and non-government organisations. Stephanie’s PhD focused on food security, fruit and vegetable consumption among children living in rural and remote communities. Dr Godrich is currently working with cross-sector stakeholders in fields such as food production, nutrition and dietetics, town planning, community development, social work and education to take a systems thinking approach to addressing food insecurity. Her other current research areas include healthy built food environments, food supply chains, local food production and cognitive impacts of food insecurity.
- Early and Mid Career Researcher Network (EMCRN) member (South West Campus representative)
- RegenWA steering committee, 2018-2019
- Prepare, Produce, Provide – Board Member, 2018
- Right to Food Coalition – Member and WA Convenor, 2018-current
- Dunsborough Community Garden – Member, 2018-current
- Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance – Member, 2017-2018
- Public Health Association of Australia - Co-Vice President WA Branch, 2015-2018
- Nutrition Society of Australia – member and Registered Public Health Nutritionist, 2015-current
- World Public Health Nutrition Association – member and Certified Public Health Nutritionist, 2015 – current
- WA Primary Health Alliance - South West Stakeholder Reference Group, 2015-current
- WA Health Promoting Schools Association – Executive Committee Member, 2013-2014
- WA Food Security Network – Member, 2012-2014
- Pilbara Nutrition Network – Member, 2012-2014
- Nutrition Australia – Deputy Chair/Committee member, 2006-2010
- Slow Food Perth – Committee member, 2006-2010
Awards and Recognition
- 2019 – ECU Vice Chancellor Award for Excellence in Research by Early Career Researcher
- 2019 – Food Community: A website to support healthy food availability, access and use in rural and remote Western Australia, Healthway (WA Health Promotion Foundation), 2019 - 2021 ($30,954)
- 2019 – Learning and Teaching Grant
- 2018 – Research Collaboration Travel Grant (University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Canada)
- 2018 – Research Grant Scheme
- 2018 – Learning and Teaching Grant
- 2018 – Adjunct Research Fellow, Faculty of Health Sciences, Curtin University
- 2018 – Early to Mid Career Researcher Grant Winner - Science Pathways 2018 Forum
- 2018 – Australian Research Scholarship – Complex Systems Leadership Program
- 2017 – ECU Research Week One Minute to Pitch It Runner Up
- 2016 – Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) WA Branch Scholarship to attend PHAA 44th Annual Conference and 20th Chronic Diseases Network Conference, Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
- 2015 – Healthway Health Promotion Research Training Scholarship (PhD), 2015-2016.
- 2014 – State Winner (Foodbank WA role): WA Health Excellence Awards, ‘Overcoming Inequities’ category, (Department of Health).
- 2014 – State Finalist (Foodbank WA role): Community Service Excellence Awards, ‘Partnerships’ category (Department of Local Government and Communities and WA Council of Social Services).
Research Areas and Interests
- Regional and Remote Nutrition
- Food Security
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Healthy Built Food Environments
- Children’s Nutrition
- Charitable Food Sector
- Supply chains