Helen is a Senior Lecturer and Course Coordinator for the Master of Teaching - Primary, within the School of Education.
- LAN3280 - English in Middle and Upper Primary
- LAN1260 - Spoken Language in Primary School
- LIT4260/6260 - Children's Literature in the Classroom
- EDU6015 - Learners and Learning.
- Australian Literacy Educators Association (ALEA)
- Primary English Teacher's Association of Australia (PETAA)
- Children's Book Council of Australia, WA Branch (CBCAWA)
- Golden Key International Honour Society.
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2012 - ECU Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2011 - ECU Dean's Prize, Faculty of Education and Arts
- 2011 - ECU State School Teachers' Union of WA prize.
- Children's literature to support principles of diversity - (current focus in early childhood)
- Children's literature and its importance in the social and emotional development of the child
- Diversity and inclusivity
- Effective literacy instruction across the curriculum.