The National Nutrition Network’s mission is to promote best practice food provision within Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) settings in order to facilitate health, nutrition and positive developmental outcomes for children.
Given the high volume of children who attend ECEC settings, there is an ideal opportunity to support staff to deliver healthier food environments for the children in their care. This is particularly important given the ECEC sector must now maintain national standards established by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
In order to support the sector, the National Nutrition Network was formed as a mechanism to build collaboration between key stakeholders. Our overarching aim is to facilitate consistency of information, research and practical application of evidence-based learnings.
Specifically, we seek to:
- facilitate discussions relating to research and professional development to drive future agendas.
- support and facilitate nutrition research translation into best practice.
- share expertise and knowledge to reduce replication of research and resources.
- collate evidenced-based professional development opportunities and resources.
- support continued improvement of service delivery.
- build an evidence base of ECEC nutrition research.
- support advocacy and influence sector stakeholders through knowledge exchange.