Stephanie is a Lecturer in Nutrition in the School of Medical and Health Sciences. Her current research projects include food security, regional and remote child nutrition and healthy built food environments.
- NUT1121 Human Nutrition
- HST1125 Health Priorities and Human Behaviour
- HST6336 Public Health Evaluation
- NUT1121 Human Nutrition (On-campus JO, SW, Singapore and off-campus)
Stephanie completed her PhD in regional and remote children’s food security and fruit and vegetable consumption in 2017 through ECU. Her study was inspired by her practice as a public health and community nutritionist for over a decade.
- 2017-current: Lecturer – Edith Cowan University
- 2015-current: Public Health Consultant
- 2010-2015: Regional Strategy Coordinator/Public Health Nutritionist - Foodbank WA
- 2007-2010: Administrative Assistant/Project Manager/Executive Officer - Nutrition Australia WA Division
- 2007-2010: Project Officer, ‘Waist Disposal Challenge’ Project – Curtin University
- 2009-2010: Research Officer - Health Promotion Evaluation Unit, University of WA
- 2008-2009: Project Coordinator, Child and Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutrition Survey – Edith Cowan University
- 2007-2008: Senior Researcher, Vegetables & Fruit for Health and Healing Project – Edith Cowan University
- Prepare, Produce, Provide – Board Member, 2018-current
- Right to Food Coalition – Member and WA Convenor, 2018-current
- Dunsborough Community Garden – Member, 2018-current
- Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance – Member, 2017-current
- Public Health Association of Australia - Co-Vice President WA Branch, 2015-current.
- Nutrition Society of Australia – member and Registered Public Health Nutritionist, 2015-current.
- World Public Health Nutrition Association – member and Certified Public Health Nutritionist, 2015 – current.
- WA Primary Health Alliance - South West Stakeholder Reference Group, 2015-current
- WA Health Promoting Schools Association – Executive Committee Member, 2013-2014.
- WA Food Security Network – Member, 2012-2014.
- Pilbara Nutrition Network – Member, 2012-2014.
- Nutrition Australia – Deputy Chair/Committee member, 2006-2010.
- Slow Food Perth – Committee member, 2006-2010.
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 – Adjunct Research Fellow, Faculty of Health Sciences, Curtin University
- 2018 – Early to Mid Career Researcher Grant Winner - Science Pathways 2018 Forum
- 2018 – Australian Research Scholarship – Complex Systems Leadership Program
- 2017 – ECU Research Week One Minute to Pitch It Runner Up
- 2016 - Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) WA Branch Scholarship to attend PHAA 44th Annual Conference and 20th Chronic Diseases Network Conference, Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
- 2015 - Healthway Health Promotion Research Training Scholarship (PhD), 2015-2016.
- 2014 - State Winner (Foodbank WA role): WA Health Excellence Awards, ‘Overcoming Inequities’ category, (Department of Health).
- 2014 - State Finalist (Foodbank WA role): Community Service Excellence Awards, ‘Partnerships’ category (Department of Local Government and Communities and WA Council of Social Services).
Research Areas and Interests
- Regional and Remote Nutrition
- Food Security
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Healthy Built Food Environments
- Children’s Nutrition
- Charitable Food Secto