Julie is a Lecturer and Coordinator in Science Education for the School of Education in the Faculty of Education and Arts.
- 2013 - Australasian Science Education Research Association (ASERA)
- 2008 - Science Teaching Association of Western Australia
- 2004 - Teacher Registration Board
- Science education.
- Investigating the use of affordances of information and communications technology (ICT) to support the tasks of teaching and learning science in K-12 meaningful ways.
- Developing shared infrastructure to aid research in the development and exploration of computer games as transformational tools.
- Contributing to the body of knowledge in the area of computer games as educational tools through scholarly research and the dissemination of research findings to the wider community.
- Contributing to the development of advanced video methodologies for researching the relationships between teacher behaviour, student engagement in learning, and learning outcomes for improved teacher effectiveness.