Marianne is an Associate Dean (Early Childhood Studies) within the School of Education.
- MSC6110 - Mathematics and Technologies for Young Children
- ECM6130 - Mathematics in the Early Years of School: 5 to 8 Years
- ECM2260 - Early Childhood Mathematics 1
- ECM3260 - Early Childhood Mathematics 2
- ECM4101 - Early Childhood Mathematics
- IPP1260 - Inquiry in Professional Practice (Child Care)
Marianne is a Senior Lecturer in Early Childhood Studies at Edith Cowan University (ECU) in Perth, WA. She has taught across the education sector in Early Childhood and Tertiary settings in a range of curriculum and content areas. Marianne has experience working in a wide variety of early childhood settings including preschools, childcare centres and schools in QLD and NSW. As a TAFE teacher, Marianne taught in the Children’s Services programs for 11 years. Marianne was employed at the University of New England in Armidale NSW before moving to Perth, WA. In her current role at ECU Marianne has undertaken teaching in the Mathematics discipline area for Early Childhood with the goal of developing positive mindsets towards Mathematics for pre-service teachers.
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY) State Coordinator for WA
- Australian Association Mathematics Teachers (AAMT)
- Mathematics Association of Western Australia (MAWA)
- Australian Early Childhood Teacher Education Network (AECTEN)
- WA Early Childhood Teacher Education Network
- North Metropolitan TAFE: Education Advisory Board
- ECU: Ethics Committee
- Member of Early Childhood Australia (ECA)
- President of World Organisation for Early Childhood Education of WA (OMEP) 2014, 2015
Awards and recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2018 Australian Awards for University Teaching: Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- 2018 ECU Vice Chancellors Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- 2017 ECU Vice Chancellors Research Engagement Award for the Early Childhood Research Group
- 2015 Author of the year received from Teaching Solutions, book publishers.
- 2014 Equality for Sustainability Award received from the World Organisation Mondiale pour l’Education Prescolaire (OMEP: Organisation of Early Childhood).
- Mathematics in Early Childhood
- Playgroups and transition to formal schooling
- Play and early learning
- Children and families