Helen is a lecturer in classroom management and diversity in the School of Education and the Master of Teaching Coordinator for secondary education.
- EDU2231 Creating Positive Learning Environments
- EDU6230 Classroom Management and Instruction
- EDU6332 Diversity and Inclusion
- TPA6130 Teacher Performance Assessment.
Helen was a classroom teacher and Head of Department for many years before entering into teaching at a tertiary level. Helen is a Lecturer and Course Coordinator in the School of Education at Edith Cowan University. Her research is centered on the development of safe and supportive learning environments for all students.
- 2017 - ongoing. Australian Association for Research in Education. Member
- 2017 - ongoing. Australian Teacher Education Association
- 2016 - ongoing. Trauma-informed and Restorative Schools Collaboration (TARSC) Western Australia. Member
- 2014 - onwards. Reclaiming Youth International. Member
- 2016 - onwards. Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children. Member
- 2016 - onwards. ASCD Learning Community. Member
- 2019 - onwards. The Mofet Institute. Member
- Duncraig Senior High School Board (2016 – ), Community member
- Ballajura Community College Board (2015 - ), Community member
- Warwick Senior High School Board (2016 - ), Community member.
- Classroom management
- Instructional intelligence