A number of group and silent study rooms are available for students and staff to use at Campus Libraries at Joondalup, Mount Lawley and South West.
Always check Campus Library Opening Hours before booking to ensure the Library is open.
To allow fair and equitable use of rooms the booking parameters listed in the drop down box directly below apply.
If you require assistance using these rooms, please see enquiry desk staff.
Booking a room:
See the Room Booking video for instructions on how to book or follow the instructions below.
To book a room, visit ECU Spatial Information System (ECUSIS) and log in using your ECU login.
1. Select Room Bookings.
2. Select ML Library (Mount Lawley), JO Library (Joondalup) or BU Library (Bunbury) for room locations.
3. Select the room you would like to book.
4. Select the day and time you would like, click on the time and drag down to cover two hours (2 hour booking per day only. If you'd like to book separate one-hour blocks in the same day bookings must be a minimum of one hour apart to accommodate other students. Bookings that don't abide by this are cancelled).
5. In the Meeting Title box type in your student number.
6. Click Make Booking
7. Your room is now booked. You will be sent a booking receipt to your student email account. Note: If you do not receive a receipt, an error may have occurred and the room is not booked.
8. Log off from the booking system.
Silent study locations:
- Joondalup Library - quiet study areas are located on Level 3; see signage.
- Mount Lawley Library - Level 4 is entirely dedicated to quiet study.
- South West Library - see signage for silent study locations.
The Curiosity Studio - Mount Lawley Library
The Curiosity Studio located in the Mount Lawley Library is open to all students and staff between 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday for creative uses.
The Studio is split into four main sections:
- Code and Create
- 3D Design Computer
- Virtual Reality
These spaces can be used by different groups in parallel. Each space can be booked in advance for up to two hours at a time via ECU Spatial Information System (ECUSIS) or by drop-in at the Library's enquiry counter.
See 'Booking a room' above for information on how to book.
Specialised equipment to be used in conjunction with these spaces can be borrowed using your ECU student/staff I.D. card.Equipment includes:
- HTC Vive virtual reality headset
- Edison programmable robots
- USB piano keyboard